I have consulted with 450 clients in the past 15 years. I’m known for these 6 traits that have helped them market and sell their offerings to tough buyers in highly competitive markets and in circumstances in which they have little to no control. My clients have increased their revenue by more than $3 billion.
When I work with you on your company’s Proactive Focus, Profits Faster–PF2–I:
- Validate your successes in order to replicate them.
- De-emphasize your weaknesses. It’s wasteful to invest bringing a weakness up to average.
- Focus on your strengths. There’s no ceiling on strength (think Apple). Make your strengths stronger and your weaknesses become immaterial.
- Bring exceptional intellectual property. IP that is original, contrary to conventional wisdom, punctures the bubble of “the way we always do things” and can be easily understood.
- Use processes or approaches that work across sizes and industries. The consultant applies these to your specific subject matter expertise.
- The ability to listen attentively and connect the threads of different conversations and ideas to create a new, provocative and valuable approach/plan/action.
“We had the opportunity to grow our company by many magnitudes. There was fierce competition and the prospective customer was holding us to very stringent standards. Susan coordinated the work of nearly 40 people into one coherent, compelling 2 hour presentation. We won the largest small business award up to that time, $1.15 billion.” Alan Bloodgood, Metron Aviation
* * *
“Susan G. Trivers, 2013 was a banner year for us with the two new contracts we signed as a result of your innovative ideas and excellent business coaching. We look forward to even more collaboration in 2014.” F. V., CEO v10 Systems
* * *
“Susan Trivers has the eye for making business sense. When it comes to critical thinking she can see the issues no one else sees – and she is right! Her imagination and different way of looking at the issues is uncanny. Susan has made a difference to my business by taking the complex and turning it to simple solutions.” Marsha Lindquist, CEO, Granite Leadership Strategies, Inc.
There are three steps to Proactive Focus, Profits Faster:
1) Increase sales of your best offerings to your best buyers
2) Create new offerings for your best buyers.
3) Sell your best offerings to new buyers.
That is all–three steps. When you proactively focus on these steps, particularly steps 1 and 2, you achieve profits faster.
Recent clients include:
- COO of insurance and benefits software company
- Kathleen Murphy, CEO, Chi Solutions
- Three start-up consulting firms
- Diane MacEachern, Founder, Big Green Purse
- Susan Katz Miller, author of “Being Both”
- Susan Orlins, author of “Confessions of a Worrywart”
- CEO of B2B technology product company
- CEO of health care application start-up
- CTO of B2B IT SaaS company
- Director of Talent Acquisiton, Government contractor
- Director of Innovation, IT services company
- Mary Anne Sterling, Sterling Health IT CEO
- BD-CMM certified proposal professional breakout session at Bid & Con 2012
- AOPA Director of the Air Safety Institute
- Jeff Beyer, CEO, Clairus
- CompTIA (Executive coaching)
- Vangent, Inc. (Business Development coaching)
- Cornet Technologies (Business development coaching)
- Griffin-Owens Insurance (Executive Coaching)
- v10 Systems coached Demo teams for State customers
- CGI coached Demo and Integrator Interviews for State customers
- v10 Systems directed Voice over cast for User Experience video
- MSE Orals consulting and coaching
- Delta Solutions and Technologiies Orals consulting and coaching
- BCT Partners Orals consulting and coaching
- IST Research Orals consulting and coaching
- Vangent Orals consulting and coaching
- Metron Aviation Orals consulting and coaching
- CGI (Orals coaching)
- ACS, a Xerox Company (Orals coaching for two state bids)
- Sotera Defense (key person interviews; coaching that helped win an important new defense contract)
- Serco, Inc. (Orals consulting and coaching)
- Fedmarket (Seminar entitled “Orals: Avoid the Pitfalls that Lower Your Score”)
- CDI Marine (Orals consulting and coaching)
- Rainmakerz Consulting, LLC (Orals consulting and coaching)
- Direct Proposal Resources (Orals consulting and coaching)
- v10 Systems, 3 month professional development program for high potentials
- Grimm + Parker Architects Executive and Business development coaching
- Cubic Defense Applications, Inc. Presentation Skills Workshop for high potential mid-managers
- Global Environment and Technology Foundation Presentations Skills workshop for all young managers plus individual presentation skills coaching for three high-performing young leaders
- Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc. Presentation Skills Workshop for high potential mid-managers
- APMP NCA Proposal Professionals Boot Camp
- The Refractories Institute (Keynote at semi-annual Conference)
- National Speakers Association- Virginia (Keynote)
I was honored to serve as the 2009-2010 President of the National Speakers Association-Washington, DC Chapter. I’ve written “How to Be Interesting” available now on Kindle and I’m the author of The Great Speakers Guide to Business Storytelling (audio CD). I’ve presented public speaking webinars for ExecSense lawyers and physicians practices. I am a frequent blogger on a variety of topics related to success, growth and electric communication.
Years of being coached myself has made me exceptionally well-suited to serve as a coach. I’ve experienced what takes people to the next level of success and what discourages or hinders them. Currently I’m a member of Alan Weiss’s Private Roster Mentor Program.
To collaborate with me on your specific needs call me at 703-790-1424 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org