Speaking and Presentation Development Workshops
Imagine a stream of value coming into your company following each speech or presentation delivered by your employees. This streaam could be:
- inquiries that lead to new relationships and revenue;
- interest in partnering with your company for mutually beneficial contracts;
- interest in a merger or acquisition;
- favorable media coverage that draws even more interest;
- excited employees inspired to innovate for the benefit of the company.
Streams of value come in many shapes and sizes when representatives speak well.
One CEO expressed this like this: “In order to achieve our strategic vision, what I call our ‘awakening campaign,’ our extremely smart solution designers need to be able to develop relationships with people (customers) outside their comfort zone. Having 4 of the best develop their speaking skills through Susan’s workshops and coaching will add tens of millions of dollars to our top line in the coming months.”
“When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.” Dale Carnegie
Mr. Carnegie’s perceptive advice serves as a reminder to all business speakers. Focus on the audiences’ emotion, prejudices (what they care about) and their pride and vanity (admirable outcomes and results).
Live speakers have an enormous advantage that websites, webinars and videos cannot touch:
• They speak directly to each audience with inspiring ideas and calls-to-action that make exact sense to the audience in front of them.
• Wonderful speakers make the audience active participants, not passive observers.
My clients have invested in presentation development workshops so that their already smart people become extremely effective at sharing their expertise and value with others.
Workshop participants learn to recognize their strengths (too often overlooked in the rush to give ‘constructive criticism’). We use them to grow speaking skillfulness and as models for overcoming areas that are weaker.
Here’s what participants have to say about Susan Trivers’ speaking and presentation skills development workshops
• I loved it. I got lots of information.
• Very practical. I really brought something home from this training.
• Excellent ideas for presentations which I wouldn’t have thought of; exceeded expectations.
• It was better than I had expected.
• It was helpful for presentation skills improvement and it helped with the nervousness that I experience during public speaking.
• Interactive and improvable tracking on general presentation preparation and speaking skills; yes it met my expectations.
• Well needed, great presenter and format. Exceeded my expectation.
• Connect to audience. How to plan for a presentation. How to do an opening, call-to-action. The first one is the most beneficial one to me. As an engineer, I am so used to list all info in slides, and forget to comment to audience.
• Creating presentations. “Call to Action.”
• 1) Call to action: good idea–start at the end and work backwards. 2) Three key Ideas and how to get there – very good. I feel Susan really gave me some good feedback. She did a great job spending time with everyone.
Another client wrote:
“A special thanks to Susan Trivers, who worked very closely with all the teams to focus our talking points, rehearse our presentations and prepare to deliver them. Also, her insight on how to address questions from the panel proved to be highly insightful.” T.R., VP, Business Development, Healthcare Industry
From another Workshop Client:
“Even though we do a pretty good job at winning projects and at making presentations, even the best of the best can benefit from being coached. And – we can always strive to do even better. That is why we are so excited about this opportunity.” Melanie Hennigan AIA LEED AP, Principal, Grimm+Parker Architects
Workshops for high-performing mid-level managers:
“I am pleased to announce that CDAI and CTS will be bringing Susan Trivers to San Diego. This is a great opportunity for our people to really get some one-on-one coaching and hone their presentation skills. You have been identified by your department Vice President as being a priority candidate for this workshop, given that you regularly give presentations to customers.” Mari McAvoy, Human Resources Manager, Cubic Transportation Systems
When you’re thinking about growing your revenue streams or expanding your circle of supporters through the smartest people in your company, call me to discuss how speaking and presentation development will contribute to achieving your goals. All workshop programs and plans are customized to your specific and particular needs. 703-790-1424