Susan works with business owners to solve problems and increase success on their terms.
Every company deserves servcies that are customized to both their needs and wants and their timeframe. Trivers Consulting Group services address three essential areas as needed by each client company: diversification of products and services; financial strategies that promote growth; capitalizing on current assets.
Solve the real problem (immediate/near term).
We identify and clearly state the real problem (or problems) that is standing the way of achieving the best outcomes in one of these areas:
- Diversification of offerings;
- Financial strategies for growth;
- Capitalizing on their current assets.
Frameworks of services to Solve the Real Problem:
- A STEP. ½-day. Discussions, analyses, plan to solve one specific problem.
- An Engagement. 30-60 days. Clearly define 2-3 outcomes and the problems standing the way. Discussion, analyses, plans, ongoing support to execute the plans; monitoring benchmarks, coaching owner.
The services we provide will include, as needed and appropriate, the concepts and tactics in our proprietary Tinker: the 3-T Model for True Growth™ and GO CURVE Evergreen Client™ Systems.
Our solution had three parts:
- Improving the quality of the service writer. We agreed to implement two new ideas. Both of them would require a service writer with strong customer service and communication skills. For years Mike had undervalued this position. As we visualized the success of these two initiatives, it became clear that a better service writer was needed. Mike finally agreed to look for someone who fit the bill. That someone was a disabled veteran who had years of experience with vehicle maintenance and wanted a job very much.
- Outbooking. This is when a service rep asks the customer to book the next appointment at the conclusion of the current appointment. More than 80% of out booked appointments are kept. Without making a big deal about the timing, the wonderful new service writer began asking his customers to book 3-4 months in advance, and promised to remind them as the time got closer and to reschedule if they found they could not make it.
- Storm-related specials. Whenever a snow or ice storm was forecast, Mike would email his customers and invite them to bring their cars in before the storm. There were only 10 slots. They would get the maintenance service they needed, their cars would be safely stored in the garage, and they could pick them up right after the storm.